CARDIONOVA offers advanced cardiac care and state of the art technologies with a highly skilled cardiac team that assembles in minutes to treat heart attacks and other cardiac emergencies.Read More
Getting answers to these questions will give you important information about your heart health and what can you do to improve it. You may want to bring this list to your doctor's office.
1. What is my risk for heart disease?
2. What is my blood pressure? What does it mean for me, and what do I need to do about it?
3. What are my cholesterol numbers? (These include total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) "bad" cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) "good" cholesterol, and triglycerides.) What do they mean for me, and what do I need to do about them?
4. What are my body mass index (BMI) and waist measurement?
Do they indicate that I need to loose weight for my health?
5. What is my blood sugar level? Does it mean I am at risk for diabetes?
6. What other screening tests for heart disease do I need? How often should I return for check-ups for my heart health?
7. For smokers: What can you do to help me quit smoking?
8. How much physical activity do I need to help protect my heart? What kinds of activities are helpful?
9. What is a heart healthy eating plan for me? Should I see a registered dietitian or qualified nutritionist to learn more about healthy eating?
10. How can I tell if I am having heart attack?
Contact information & further questions!
If you have any questions or concerns about your heart, please do not hesitate to contact us.